Monday 25 June 2012

6 Month Update

Sophie will be 6 months tomorrow!!! My, my, my how the time flies! She is such a joy!!! We are currently in the thick of teething and a growth spurt, and yet her royal cuteness is cuter than ever!

We are learning so much lately. After going crazy at the Target toy sale (which I intend to continue later this week), Sophie has been exploring more and more. She has toys that dance and sing, and toys that teach her colours, shapes and animals. One even teaches them in English, French and Spanish! What is the world coming to? She loves to push the buttons and make everything light up. When in the bath she now wants to sit up. This would be great if she could do so independently rather than having me leaning over in an awkward fashion. She loves to splash and hit bath toys and play with the walls of the bath.

Yesterday she thought she would explore me face. she put both hands on my eyes so I shut them. As she moved her hands away I would open them up, as quick as lightening she would put her hands back as if to say "keep 'em closed!"

 She loves pear. Anything with pear and she will gobble it right up. We tried potato... she refused to even close her mouth for it, just whinged with her mouth wide open and food still on her tongue where I put it.

She loves the Jolly Jumper! she now has gotten the hang of it and wants to be on it all the time. When she stands on my lap she only wants to jump!

She has a fascination with paper. Yesterday the junk mail arrived, which normally gets me very excited (need to get out much...) but this time I think Sophie took the prize for excitement. We both sat on the floor and went through what we wanted to get from the next sales :P Sophie fell over a few times too.

We are starting to get separation anxiety. If she sees me leave her sight she is not happy, but if she is blissfully unaware that I am out of her sight she doesn't mind. She was getting scared of the dark, waking at 8:30 each night screaming and shaking. Upon putting in a night light she now only wakes her usual 3 times for habitual feeds.
 Her character is starting to come through. She is a passive little one, very quiet most of the time and then all the sudden very loud for a couple of minutes. She is easily irritated. Her mind is very curious, but her body is only adventurous if everything is risk free. She does not go out of her way for things but would rather you place everything in front of her.


 She is growing up way too fast!!! I love my lil' girl!

2 comments:

  1. Zizi our little boo is growing up! It's hard to grasp that it has been six months. It feels like it's been just a few days since that beautiful 2 day ordeal or walking through the streets and accidentally burning you a few times… my bad. I can't believe she has grown up so much. Just saying that even though she might look like ben more than you (only sometimes) she definitely has your personality and charm! She's a beautiful girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Tess...she is beautiful! (ahem I also second the fact that walking those streets seems like just yesterday too! Lol)
    I'm so honoured to see you walking as such a loving mama to your beautiful Sophie, Jas.
    Love to you all x

    ReplyDelete